Four young Black sisters come of age during the American Civil War in So Many Beginnings, a warm and powerful YA remix of the classic novel Little Women, by national best-selling author Bethany C. Morrow.
North Carolina, 1863. As the American Civil War rages on, the Freedpeople's Colony of Roanoke Island is blossoming, a haven for the recently emancipated. Black people have begun building a community of their own, a refuge from the shadow of the "old life". It is where the March family has finally been able to safely put down roots with four young daughters:
- Meg, a teacher who longs to find love and start a family of her own.
- Jo, a writer whose words are too powerful to be contained.
- Beth, a talented seamstress searching for a higher purpose.
- Amy, a dancer eager to explore life outside her family's home.
As the four March sisters come into their own as independent young women, they will face first love, health struggles, heartbreak, and new horizons. But they will face it all together.
Release date: September 7, 2021
Publisher: Macmillan Audio
Print pages: 297
* BingeBooks earns revenue from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate as well as from other retail partners.