Influencers. Movie nerds. Beauty queens. And one pink convertible. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to spend a day in her shoes? Two estranged cousins—geeky horror movie fanatic Ricki and makeup guru Lana—accidentally switch bodies for a fateful summer road trip that is part Freaky Friday, part romcom, and all heart.
Ricki has one goal: save the Starlight Drive-in movie theater from going dark forever. Okay, make that two goals … she may also want a first kiss from her cinema-rescuing partner and major crush, Jake. Lana definitely has only one goal: grow her online makeup channel to keep her momager off her back, even if the posts attract ugly internet trolls.
The two cousins couldn’t be more different, but their opposite personalities come crashing to a head when their aunt gifts the girls a vintage cotton-candy-pink convertible. To share. Ricki wants the convertible for the drive-in’s grand reopening, but it’s the same day as Digifest, a huge event where Lana needs to shine. After a major fight and a minor electric shock while wrestling over the wheel, Ricki wakes up as Lana, and Lana wakes up as Ricki.
Ricki and Lana have only a day to un-Freaky Friday themselves, a task made even more difficult as they try to keep up appearances on Lana’s channel and with Ricki’s hopefully-soon-to-be-kissed crush. But it turns out experiencing a day as each other—with a mini road trip and Chihuahua wrangling—may be the one thing that help the cousins see each other and themselves more clearly.
Freaky in Fresno:
- Addresses perennial topics such as the importance of family and friendship with a hilarious Freaky Friday twist
- Pays homage to beloved 80s movies, cult horror classics, and scream queens like Jamie Lee Curtis; a must-read for YA readers of all ages
- Is written by Laurie Boyle Crompton, author of Pretty in Punxsutawney
- Is perfect for fans of Mary Rodgers and Morgan Matson
Release date: February 11, 2020
Print pages: 352
* BingeBooks earns revenue from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate as well as from other retail partners.