For Immediate Release
BingeBooks launches new community site for book lovers
Site bolsters book discovery & encourages readers to ‘binge’ on fiction
SAN FRANCISCO – November 18, 2020 – Consumers binge on movies, TV series and video games. Today BingeBooks, an online community to foster book discovery, is launching a new site where readers can binge on digital, print and audio fiction from independent authors and traditional publishers. Readers are encouraged to discover their next great read by “bingeing” on tens of thousands of opening chapters of books as well as audiobook samples.
“As authors, we’ve heard from readers that they want a new, more modern book discovery experience,” said Alessandra Torre, CEO of BingeBooks. “So our startup brought together bestselling authors and readers to collaborate on a new platform where book lovers can discover, recommend and talk about great books. Our catalog offers a wide mix of bestsellers from familiar household names as well as great under-the-radar reads from emerging authors.”
On BingeBooks, readers can:
- Read the opening chapters of a book on their smartphone, tablet or computer when they visit most book pages or select the “binge” icon that appears below book covers throughout the site
- Listen to excerpts from thousands of audiobooks and buy and download the full audiobook without having to subscribe to a monthly service
- Interact with authors, leave comments or recommendations, and get behind-the-scenes updates on upcoming books
- Find deals and purchase both ebooks and print books from a choice of retailers
- Save favorite books or authors to a private space for later sampling
- Organize their past reads and digital book lives with attractive lists that contain the book covers
- Share recommendations to help other readers discover favorite books
“We know that untold millions of people are voracious readers who love a good story,” said J.D. Lasica, a tech entrepreneur, thriller author and the company’s co-founder. “We’ve built BingeBooks as a modern platform where readers can explore new genres, share their book recommendations with others and interact directly with authors. And the best part is you can binge from anywhere, on any device.”
At its launch, bingebooks.com will carry the full catalog of fiction titles from Penguin Random House, HarperCollins, Hachette and Macmillan as well as more than 7,000 titles from independent authors.
BingeBooks is a new online community created by authors and book lovers to foster book discovery. The site is self-funded by more than 120 founding authors whose passion is to help readers find new books, genres and authors.
For more information:
BingeBooks Media Relations
Email: [email protected]
Phone or text: (415) 518-6611